Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I WON THE SARK BLOG CONTEST


I don't know if it was picked from a hat or what I wrote, but I'm the grand prize winner of a creativity consultation with my writer-muse SARK.
I got the email yesterday and found a way to get to her book signing last night because of it.
Here is my squiggly drawing of SARK at the book signing.

On the way, I drove through drizzle and rain and came off the highway to sunshine and the most incredible rainbow over Atlanta that I had ever seen. (this is an actual photo of the rainbow, found on flickr.com)
Of course I could say it was a sign of some kind.

I slowed down to a stop light and looked at the car next to me.
I caught the woman's eye.
I mouthed "rain-bow" and pointed.
She smiled so big and mouthed - "I know!" nodding her head with enjoyment.
Every driver was looking.
It was so incredibly bright, and a perfect arc like a colorful gateway to see my muse and inspiration.
Wow moments rarely happen like that.

More on the event in my next post.

1 comments:

Megan Spears said...

I have been a bit behind and I ahve to say, this was cool. I started reading with your Organized Writer Post, then worked my way to the rainbow picture and now.. your the winner.

First, let me say I am not surprised that you won. The fact that SARK sounds a lot like you doesn't surprise me either.

How exciting and what a great story, thanks for sharing!